When you are planning to move to Dubai and rent or lease certain property, there is one mandatory thing which needs to be done before you can rent or lease. It is to register your agreement with the landlord under the EJARI system. What is the EJARI system?
The EJARI is an electronic registration system which is easily accessed over the internet at the official EJARI website. The main aim of setting up this EJARI tenancy system is to execute the plethora of legal requirements and to control the rental market system in Dubai. It helps to store and access data of several With the help of EJARI system, every individual who is involved in rental agreements will be safeguarded and their rental or leasing rights will be protected.
The EJARI Registration can be done both online and offline. If you are interested to do the registration offline then visit the EJARI approved centres whose name will be provided at the EJARI portal. Ejari Office is open from Sunday to Thursday from 9 AM to 5 PM. If a person is interested to do the registration online they will need to open the EJARI website and click on “Register”. Then start by uploading all the above-mentioned documents and then following the instructions on the screen.
The cost of processing for the EJARI system is AED 195 which includes AED 160 for registration fees and also the AED 35 for the fees of the EJARI typing centre.
Here are the important list of documents which are required to successfully register under the EJARI system and approve your agreement.
- Tenancy contract from the agency
- Security deposit receipt
- Tenant’s Passport (for Non-GCC nationals)
- Tenant’s UAE Visa (for non-GCC nationals)
- Tenant’s Emirates ID
- Copies of landlord’s passport (if an individual)
- Copy of Title Deed of the rented property
- DEWA Premises Number (or copies of recent DEWA bills/Green bill accepted)
- DEWA bill and previous Ejari if you are renewing
- Trade License (if there are commercial properties)
The EJARI system certainly brings a lot of perks to the people and therefore it has become mandatory in Dubai to register under the EJARI system. Here are some of the benefits of registering under the EJARI.
- Historical contents of any rental property in Dubai or Emirates is easily available.
- Helps the tenants to successfully establish a solid proof and agreement with their landlord in case an unfortunate situation arrives.
- EJARI helps to protect both the tenants and landlord rights with the help of solid data management systems.
- EJARI helps to save your time and effort significantly by resolving any dispute between tenants and landlords very easily due to the instant availability of data and legal documents.
The EJARI system is really beneficial in the long run because you would always want to stay away from any kind of mishaps of your rental or leased property. The EJARI will cover all your rights and benefits throughout the year without any further worries.